- Charts are already loaded when entering a slide, which significantly increases the performance around the selection of charts. Furthermore, charts and their elements already light up on mouse-over. This also speeds up editing, as the desired element in the chart can be selected directly.
- The performance of empower® Charts has been further optimized by parallelizing steps.
- The function for converting native PowerPoint and think-cell1 charts has been further optimized.
- Hints for linked ranges can be displayed in Excel. I.e. to which PowerPoint files links exist.
- Multiple Excel links pointing to an online source (OneDrive, SharePoint) can be changed to a different target file at once.
- Azure Information Protection (AIP) is even better supported. If your AIP was configured in a way that the AIP default label already encrypts files, your Charts customizing should be adjusted by us. In this case, please contact us. This way we can ensure that every Mini-Excel gets a non-encrypting AIP label, which users would otherwise have to set themselves for each chart.
New functions in data charts
- The functionality around arrows has been significantly optimized:
- Arrows can be created and edited via drag & drop (or 2 clicks).
- Arrows can be moved vertically to the arrow direction by drag & drop (e.g. closer to the chart to save space).
- Arrows have more advanced settings and formatting options (e.g. the ellipse and the line can be formatted separately).
- Arrows can be combined into an arrow group to share a line.
- Data charts have a new legend that can be placed outside the chart. Further, it provides more functionality in terms of order, row and column structure.
- Data labels and arrow labels can be defined in great detail, e.g. value and percentage with special calculation, in two lines, percentage with one decimal place and in brackets. All this can be defined on a wizard that appears under Data Label -> Dropdown -> Custom. For special percentage calculations, it is recommended to have an extra series for the 100% definition per value, which can be hidden in the Series menu. An example video for this is shown in our Help Center: support.empowersuite.com.
- Series can be hidden in waterfall charts.
- Data labels and axis labels can be rotated.
- Stepwise more data labels can be selected with Ctrl+A (first all of the current series, then data labels of all series, etc.)
- Many small improvements and bug fixes.
New functions in Gantt charts
- Arrows for bars leaving the visible Gantt area can be switched on.
- In Gantt charts, objects can be moved with the cursor keys.
- The background can be switched on for data labels.
- Small improvements and bug fixes.
- Due to new features, charts created or edited with empower® Charts 9. 0 can no longer be edited with older empower® Charts versions. It is of course possible to continue editing older charts with empower® Charts 9. 0 (incl. the new functions).
1 think-cell® is a registered trademark of think-cell Software GmbH