- The performance during the initial selection of an empower chart has been optimized.
Note: We expect much stronger optimizations here with version 9.0.
- The help texts that were previously contained in the mini-Excel windows for waterfall, Mekko and Gantt charts have been moved to help windows that are now accessible via the ribbon of the mini-Excel windows.
New functions in data charts
- Excel linking has been optimized and extended:
- Linked tables now support merged cells.
- Color transfer for tables has been improved.
- It is possible to jump to linked objects directly from the Excel-Link Manager.
- It is possible to highlight all linked objects on a slide.
- Links between PowerPoint and Excel can now be created directly via Copy&Paste:
- By pasting Excel data onto an empower chart, or onto a native PowerPoint chart or table, a link can directly be created.
- By pasting Excel data onto one or multiple shapes, text is inserted in a distributed manner and links can be created directly.
- A chart title can now be inserted in data charts.
- Grid lines in data charts can now be switched off and on.
- The conversion of think-cell®1 charts has been optimized.
- The conversion of native PowerPoint charts and the conversion from one empower chart type to another has been optimized.
- Many small improvements and bug fixes.
New functions in Gantt charts
- You can now draw connector lines between objects in Gantt charts. A connector line can be set to be variable or fixed. In case of a fixed connector line, when you move an object the connected object is automatically also moved. This also applies to larger dependency chains.
- Multiple labels can now be moved at once.
- Minor improvements and bug fixes.
Due to new features, charts created or edited with empower charts 8.10 can no longer be edited with older empower charts versions. It is of course possible to continue editing older charts with empower charts 8.10 (incl. the new functions).
1 think-cell® is a registered trademark of think-cell Software GmbH