There are some cases where users experience blank sidebars and even moved elements. These are display errors that can be fixed with a few configurations.
- Activate the compatibility mode in Office.
Navigate to the "File" tab
- Click on "Options"
- Activate the compatibility mode by clicking on "Optimize for compatibility".
- After you have activated the compatibility mode, you should close PowerPoint.
- Now you should change your screen resolution to the resolution your screen has natively. To do this, right-click on the desktop and navigate to the "Display settings".
- Now you can change your display resolution
If the problem still appears, remove all external monitors and check if the problem persists.