There are two requirements if you want to activate the auto-translation with DeepL.
- empower slides version 8.6 or higher
- Your own DeepL API Key (If you do not have a DeepL API Key yet please go forward to: Generate your own DeepL API Key; If you do have a DeepL API Key go forward to: Step-by-Step guide)
Generate your own DeepL API Key
- Register on https://www.deepl.com/pro?cta=menu-login-signup and choose the free DeepL API subscription
- After successfully registering click on your name in the upper right corner and click on "Account"
- Navigate to the "Plan" tab
- Please note your DeepL API Key. You can find this under the "Authentication Key for DeepL API"
- Please start PowerPoint.
- Navigate to the help section on the empower ribbon and click on "settings"
- Go to the "Features" tab
- Search and select "7 Presentation: Auto Translation" and activate it by pressing the "Activate" button
- Type your DeepL API Key into the textbox and confirm it by pressing "Apply" then "OK"