1. First enable Swagger by making a change to SharedSettings.json via this path.
C:\ProgramData\Made in Office\empower backend\empower\root
2. Now you have to set the “EnableSwagger” flag on true.
3. Afterwards you should restart the backend. Therefore, open the Task Manager and right click on empower Backend to stop and restart.
4. Now the Swagger UI should be activated. Please open the Swagger UI (i.e via alfahosting).
5. Via the Swagger UI you can test the HTTP-methods/functions like GET/POST/PUT/DELETE. However, firstly you need to authorize yourself via the "Authorize"-Button. Check the box for EmpowerBackend.
6. The login prompt from Microsoft will open. Log in and allow Swagger UI to access the empower backend.
7. Now you are authorized and you can use the GET-Method under SyncPackage (POST/api/syncpackage) and press the "Try it out"- button.
8. After that press the "Execute"-button to execute the method.
9. Now the SyncPackage should be created. You can follow the progress of this process, but do not be surprised if it takes a few minutes.
10. In the Explorer the folder SyncPackage should be created in the the folder BinaryCacheRoot.
11. The SyncPackage should contain a ZIP file in which each presentation is located seperately, so the process will take some minutes.
12. Finally you should set the "EnableSwagger" back to false, as in step 2.
13.The only thing missing now is a modification in the RemoteServiceConfig.XML
Article is closed for comments.