If you have errors installing empower, please follow these steps:
1. Uninstall empower slides for macOS
First, stop the empower Sync. To do this, open the Activity Monitor, which you can find in the Utilities folder. Now you get an overview of all active processes. In this list, search for the empower Sync process, select the process and press the red icon at the top left of the window (Quit Process). Confirm the following security question whether the process should really be terminated with "Quit" or "Force Quit".
Then delete the com.madeinoffice.empower.sync entry from the keychain:
- If your keychains are not visible in the Keychain Management app on the Mac , choose Window > Keychain Management.
- Select a keychain in the "Keychains" list.
- Choose "File" > "Delete keychain " com.madeinoffice.empower.sync".
- Click on "Delete references".
2. Reinstall empower
To do this, please follow the steps under the following guide: Installation guide for empower macOS
3. Please collect the sync & install logs
You can find the empower log files on macOS as follows:
Go to your Finder and press "cmd-shift-G" or select "Go to" and choose "Go to folder". Copy and paste the following paths.
Install log: /var/logs/install.log
Sync log: ~/Library/Group Container/UBF8T346G9.Office/empower/Logs/Sync
4. Collect your PPT and macOS version
To find out the PPT version open PPT. Then click File at the top left. Then click Account at the bottom left.
Now, in the Account section, select "About PowerPoint".
In the opened window you will see the version number of PPT highlighted in red.
To find out the macOS version, select "About this Mac" from the Apple menu (Apple logo) in the corner of the screen. This will display the macOS version name, e.g. macOS Big Sur, followed by the version number.
5. Contact us with the above collected information via mail.
Do you still have questions?
If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.