In a few cases, you may experience difficulties after updating to 8.6. With this step-by-step guide you can solve the problems.
- You have the empower installer package or
- You have the possibility to download the app from the enterprise appstore
- Stop all PowerPoint instances.
- Stop all empowerSync instances by right-clicking on the empowerSync icon in the taskbar and then clicking on "Exit"( if necessary also via the task manager).
- Navigate to the following directory:
and delete all files in this folder
- Delete all Made In Office folders under the following paths:
- Press the -key and search for "Credentials Manager".
- Switch to "Windows credentials".
- Delete all entries that have a similarity with "mio.empower.DataClient.Sync...".
- After you have removed all entries in 7.), start PowerPoint again and authenticate with empowerSync
If this did not solve your problem and it still occurs, please contact us and send us your log files. You can find them under this path: