New features & improvements
- A concept of upward compatibility (as far as technically possible) has been developed. This means that a chart created with version 9.2 can in general still be edited with version 9.0/9.1. New functions, such as formatting borders, are of course only available with the new version. The older version will usually reset/remove an unknown function. E.g. disabled connector lines (see point 4.) will reappear in an older version. If possible, however, the older version will try to ignore the new function, e.g. a formatted border remains formatted.
- Starting from Excel, it is now possible link cell ranges, Excel charts and shapes as an image to PowerPoint. These links can then also be managed via the Excel Link Manager and also support e.g. relative linking.
- Multiple selected charts can now be moved simply by drag&drop (previously a user had to start dragging the chart frame, now the dragging can start anywhere in the chart).
- The connector lines, which connect moved labels with the respective data point / Gantt object, can now be deactivated centrally or individually.
- empower Charts now supports superscript and subscript texts. Texts can be formatted accordingly in Excel. For texts that are entered via the UI (e.g. prefix and postfix), an input help is available on the UI.
- Customizings can now also be defined textually. This allows customers to define their own customizations (if they are interested) and also allows such customizations to remain unchanged in a new version.
- Full support of Office themes without restarting the Office application and with improved readability.
- Minor improvements to the user interface (more icons and descriptive texts).
New functions in data charts
- In data charts, the borders of data points can now be formatted (color, thickness, style).
- Many small improvements, as well as fixing bugs.
New functions in Gantt charts
- Multiple objects can be moved at once by drag & drop (also to other phases).
- It is now easier to use the controls to the left of the Gantt, e.g. for inserting new lines (previously, the mouse had to be positioned more precisely for this).
- Multiple texts in note columns can be selected (with Shift also ranges), these can then be formatted in bundles.
- Minor improvements, as well as fixing bugs.